Youth and adult values, interests, beliefs, lifestyle, and possible selves:
FutureSelves is a proven, research and evidence-based, online system, that
graphically maps student thinking, helping busy practitioners improve student
motivation, behavior, performance and decision making. Students (including
those classed as at-risk) enjoy it because it is different and captures their
uniqueness as individuals. Teachers and mentors find it engages the students
better and leads to effective, realistic goal setting and planning. Administrators
and funders can see the impact of program spending.
The FutureSelves program is a quick, effective way to engage young people
and build a positive future. It is designed for busy practitioners who must
cover a lot of ground quickly. At the core of our work is the concept of "possible
selves". These are the images, thoughts, feelings and senses a person
has about themselves in the future. They link directly to a person's thinking
- and decision-making, behavior, motivation and performance.
- Improved motivation
- Increased self awareness - opportunities and barriers
- Improved decision making
- Richer information - holistic
- Better targeted interventions
- Faster understanding of intrinsic motivation
- Better goal setting and planning
- Supports the changing “self"
- Variety of program versions available for adults, youth, workforce, college,